The Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness, or FLAG, says that CRT is: “…nothing more than reverse discrimination. It frames every interaction our children and grandchildren have around the topic of race, which will only create deep divisions in our country.”
CRT is a zero-sum game. Dreams, discipline and desires of all students are squashed when white students are stigmatized as racist oppressors and black students are pigeon-holed as helpless victims. This is the false foundation on which CRT is based.
According to FLAG, CRT is comparable to a deadly virus. “…it’s spread to schools throughout the country and is transforming them into training grounds for left-wing activists.” CRT is “rotten to the core.”
In his book, A Parent’s Guide to Critical Race Theory,” Christopher Paslay, tells parents that”
1. “You are not racist or bad people” to fight against CRT, and
2. “You are not alone…the majority of Americans oppose CRT.”
1. All white people are inherently racist.
2. America is a systemically racist country.
3. All racial disparities are the sole result of racism.
4. You are either racist or anti-racist and there is no neutral.
5. White America is inherently anti-Black, and all Whites suffer from an unconscious bias against people of color.
6. Children are polarized into tribal camps based on race, and teaching them to view the world as oppressors and oppressors.
7. Linear time, the work ethic, individualism and the scientific method are aspects of White supremacy culture.
8. “Whiteness” is problematic, and must be targeted and disrupted.
9. Being nice, cooperative, and compliant is racist, and White silence is violence.
10. The most important determinant of success in student’s lives is their skin color.
Heritage Foundation Vice President of Development Andrew P. McIndoe said:
FLAG reports that a school board meeting attendee and survivor of Mao Zedong’s brutal dictatorship in China said:
“Growing up in Mao’s China, I witnessed students and teachers turn against each other. We changed school names to be politically correct. We were taught to denounce our heritage [and] report on each other…This is indeed the American version of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Critical Race Theory has its root in cultural Marxism. It should have no place in our schools.”
A high school teacher in northern Virginia had this to say according to FLAG,
“I have heartbreakingly watched Critical Race Theory trickle down into our student body where I have witnessed students of color excluding their white peers, saying things like, “well, you can’t be a part of this conversation because you’re white.”
CRT indoctrination is divisive, demoralizing and defeatist – the opposite of a fruitful learning environment. Why would students even try to achieve anything if white children are taught to believe they are guilty and ashamed and black children are taught that the deck is stacked against them regardless of their efforts? CRT is a hopeless and depressing message. Most of all, CRT is a Marxist lie.
Fox News reported that Melissa Riley, a mother of an 8th grade bi-racial child, is suing her child’s school over critical race theory. Riley said CRT has changed her son’s attitudes and behavior. The 13-year-old, whose father is African-American, now “sees himself just as a Black man. He's seeing things that don’t go his way as racism. And he is finding safety in numbers now," says Riley, who is white. She said that her son changed when the school began teaching “anti-racism.” Her son began accusing her and others of "racism" as a way of shirking his responsibilities.” Riley's teenaged son now accuses his mother of being a racist when she expects him to do household chores or clean his room.
Marxists, like the CRT promoters, redefine language to mean the opposite, i.e., anti-racism is actually racism. In doing so, they are practicing "Newspeak" as defined in George Orwell's novel, 1984.
It is quite possible that CRT is being taught in Charles County schools because CRT often hides “under the radar,” says Paslay, and often goes by other names. He cautions that any type of curriculum that focuses on any of the following is CRT:
Copyright © 2022 Bernadette for School Board - All Rights Reserved.